Call for Proposals
You are invited to apply for time on the neutron beam instruments at the NIST Center for Neutron Research (NCNR). Due to facility maintenance about ¾ of the usual time given through proposals will be allocated in this proposal round. We anticipate the next deadline will be November 2017.
The deadline for all proposals is Tuesday, March 14, 2017.
For details, please see our webpages: http://www.ncnr.nist.gov/call/current_call.html.
- To submit a proposal, you must have an account, or create one, on the NCNR Information Management System (NCNR-IMS). https://www-s.nist.gov/NCNR-IMS/login.do
- The description of research section must be uploaded as a pdf file no longer than 3 letter-size pages, nor more than 1500 kb in file size. Note the Tips on Proposal Writing section in the proposal instructions.
- Please complete the Submit Visitor Registration Form NOW if you intend to submit a proposal and subsequently visit the NCNR. https://www.ncnr.nist.gov/visitor/index.html
- We encourage users to work with an appropriate instrument scientist when writing proposals and planning experiments as they are happy to assist you. They will also help you register and submit a proposal.
Instruments being offered in the current call for proposals are:
—Instruments supported by the Center for High Resolution Neutron Scattering
- Small Angle Neutron Scattering Instrument (SANS) – 30 m (NGB)
- Ultra-Small Angle Neutron Scattering Instrument (USANS)
- High-Flux Backscattering Spectrometer (HFBS)
- Neutron Spin-Echo Spectrometer (NSE)
- Multi-Angle Crystal Spectrometer (MACS)
- Thermal Neutron Triple-Axis with Polarized Beam Option (BT7)
- Disk-Chopper Spectrometer (DCS)
- Small Angle Neutron Scattering (SANS) – 30 m (NG7)
- MAGIK Off-Specular Reflectometer (MAGIK)
- Polarized Beam Reflectometer (PBR)
- Neutron Imaging Facility (NIF)
- Powder Diffractometer (BT1)